1. Know Exactly What You WantThis is the most important thing to do in preparation for Black Friday! The big ticket items - mainly electronics, games and consoles, cookware, and kitchen gadgets - are highly sought after and go really quick because they're the most expensive and the most discounted. We recommend making a prioritized list of the items you want for each store you want to attend. It's hard to do, but if you can find everything you want at one store your Black Friday shopping will be much easier!
If you've ever been Black Friday shopping, you know that things don't always work out. You don't go early enough, you can't find parking, you can't get to an item quick enough, etc.! It's fairly likely that an item you want won't be available. This is a real bummer, but having a backup for each item on your list can save you a little headache. You can also make a list of backups online on your smartphone, so if your item is sold out in the store, you'll immediately have a solution in the palm of your hand.
2. Have a Backup for Each Item
3. Have a List You Can Check OffThere are so many discounts that you could shop on Black Friday for almost anyone on your list. If you're shopping for more than 3 people, it's handy to have a physical list in your pocket when you go out shopping. Each time you pick up an item or make a purchase, cross it off the list. This way, through all the chaos, you'll be able to know what's left and what you've already accomplished without having to scramble through your car, shopping bags, or cart.
4. Plan for Parking & TrafficPeople go a little nuts for a good deal on Black Friday. Many people have had Thanksgiving dinner with family and will be traveling on the road, while others are rushing around in attempts to get to their shopping destination as soon as possible. Traffic and parking can be rough because shoppers are in such a rush and aren't paying attention to others around them. Plan for this craziness by being early, taking it easy on the road, and being aware of your surroundings.
Make sure you get plenty of sleep before heading out, or if you choose to go after Thanksgiving dinner, have some caffeine at the ready. This will help you keep your focus on what's happening around you. Avoid being hangry (hungry/angry) and eat a proper breakfast or at least a small snack to keep you satisfied. Nothing is worse than trying to fight a crowd on an empty stomach! We also recommend bringing an on-the-go drink so you can stay hydrated and happy throughout all your shopping.
5. Take Care of Yourself First!
6. Go Shopping Online & Avoid the CrowdsIf going out on Black Friday sounds like too much of a nightmare, or the image above simply gives you anxiety, you can always choose to do your shopping online and avoid the crowds! Try giants like Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target for great deals online. Just like shopping physical retail, have a plan in mind, have your browser windows open and ready, and make your biggest purchases first.
Whether you choose to brave the craziness of Black Friday out on the road OR choose to do your shopping online, your safety is our number one priority! We can help you keep your car in great shape so you can avoid any mishaps while you're doing your Holiday shopping and preparation. Stop by for an oil change, winter tire installation, brake inspection, and any other winter car care maintenance services you need this season.
We're also proud to offer a well-equipped Collision Center and experienced technicians that are able to help you complete and body work you might need done. If you were unfortunately involved in an accident with a deer or buck this fall, schedule an estimate and get entered to win $1,000 in our Busted Bumper Buck Pole contest, ending December 30th.
Located at 9009 East Lansing Road in Durand, MI 48429, Hank Graff Chevrolet Durand wants to revolutionize your car buying experience. We’ll bring all the transparency and customer satisfaction you need while making the buying experience fun! If you have any questions be sure to contact us at (989) 288-2657 or head over to our website at www.GraffChevyDurand.com! We are proud to serve Durand and the surrounding communities of Owosso, Flint, Genesee Charter Township, Swartz Creek, and Corunna.
Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and Instagram