Fun Ways to Keep Cool
- Purchase a kiddie pool for your pooch to play in! It’s an inexpensive, outdoor toy to keep your pup cooled off.
- You can create your own doggie pupsicles or ice cream by following these recipes, or freezing your pet’s favorite treat in an ice cube tray. This will keep them busy and cool.
- If your pup likes to swim, find a dog friendly beach nearby and let them go for a dip. Swimming is great exercise without the threat of overheating.
- Have a cool place for them to lie down outside in the shade. Inside, they’ll probably find a cool place on their own, like the tile floor. You can also provide them with a chilled towel.
- Always have water available! At home, keep their water dish fresh and full. Bring water on walks and car rides. Don’t forget to provide them with water outside as well.
- Don’t shave your dog this summer! Skip the groomer even though you may think their fur is too hot. A dog’s coat actually regulates their body temperature, so that hair cut could do more harm than good. Short fur could also allow for sunburn to occur.
- Don’t exercise your dog in extreme heat. Go for walks or play ball in the morning or the evening when it’s cooler outside. Or skip the play time all together if it’s just too hot.
Don’t forget to check our Summer Car Care pages to keep your vehicle in good shape this summer! If you’re in need of a new vehicle, we have a number of electronic brochure pages for you to take a look at, including the new Chevy Camaro and Malibu!
Come see us at 9009 East Lansing Road in Durand, MI 48429. Hank Graff Chevrolet Durand is revolutionizing the car buying experience. We provide all the transparency and customer service you need, while simultaneously making your purchase experience fun! For any questions contact us at (989) 288-2657 or visit our website at www.GraffChevyDurand.com! We proudly serve Durand, as well as the surrounding communities of Owosso, Flint, Genesse Charter Township, Swartz Creek, and others.
Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and Instagram