DURAND, Mich. – Winter is in full effect, which means if you haven’t thought about it already, it’s time to think about winter vehicle maintenance and car care. At Hank Graff Chevrolet in Durand, we understand that buying or leasing a vehicle is a big investment, so we want to help you extend the life of your vehicle through every season. Whether you have a car, truck, or SUV, during winter your vehicle can suffer from damaging factors like salt, freezing temps, and ice. With the proper winter car care though, you have no need to worry! We have just launched a new service section on our website that is dedicated to our helpful winter car care tips and vehicle maintenance at Graff Chevrolet. With these simple tips your vehicle will run great through the winter season and beyond!
On our Winter Car Care Page you’ll find winter vehicle maintenance tips on –
- Tires: Understand why winter tires are important. Since the thick treads are designed specifically for winter weather, winter tires can help significantly with traction on slushy and icy roads. Click to learn more about winter tires.
- Batteries: Freezing temperatures are rough on your vehicle’s battery life, but do you know why you may want to replace your battery if it is any older than two to three years old? Click the link to learn about your car battery.
- Brakes: Keeping up with brake maintenance throughout every season is important to ensure safety every time you hit the road, however brake maintenance during winter is even more important since your vehicle can require a longer distance to stop in winter weather. Read more about winter brake care by following the link.
- Oil Changes: Routine oil changes extend the life of your engine and ensure your vehicle is ready to perform for years to come. During the winter, oil changes are even more important because of the effect extreme cold temperatures can have on oil. Click the link for a list of signs your vehicle needs an oil change.
- Wiper Blades: A Clear view is crucial to safe winter driving. Your vehicle’s wiper blades work hard to remove precipitation from your windshield, and can become worn by winter weather in particular. Follow the link to find out if your wiper blades need to be replaced.
Winter weather can make for treacherous driving conditions and it can take a toll on your vehicle. To make sure your vehicle is prepared to protect you through the coldest season of the year, visit our Graff Durand winter car care and vehicle maintenance pages for more information. These pages will teach you how to take the proper steps you need for your car to run its best in the winter season. You can also schedule a service appointment with us online if you’d like us to help with your tires, battery, brakes, oil changes, or wiper blades. We’re always happy to service you here at Graff Chevrolet Durand.
Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and Instagram